SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol; SMTP is software that is programmed for the functionality of email. SMTP is necessary for all email clients (Users) but it’s not the same for all email providers (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo mail, Roadrunner etc.)
The fixed SMTP details users need setup in SMTP for Gmail is below:
1. Server address: smtp.gmail.com
2. SMTP Username: Your username
3. SMTP Password: Your Gmail’s password
4. Port (TSL): 587
5. Port (SSL): 465
6. TSL/SSL required: Yes
Once you are done with the filling up Gmail SMTP settings for sending mail (SMTP details) for the email server settings and set it up you need to allow the email client to receive or download mail from your Google account
Read Also – How To Configure Gmail SMTP Setting?
Default POP3 and IMAP settings of Gmail to allow client-server to receive or download mail can be located under the settings of Gmail as follows:
7. Go to Gmail settings
8. Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
9. In Forwarding and POP/IMAP window you need to select the following options:
- Select Enable POP for all mail
- Select Enable IMAP
10. Click on Save changes
Some more information everyone should know about Gmail SMTP settings is that these settings are only required when an email client program is used to access the Gmail account. Also, you never need to enter it manually if you try to access Gmail through a browser such as Google Chrome.
Gmail is a popular email service due to that some of the email client programs provide the Gmail SMTP automatically filled in when it required just like an additional feature of their Email program.
If you are still not able to use this facility could be the SMTP details that you are using is not correct or the email application as some of the email applications use old technology that is less secure according to the security needed today.
Related Topic :- SBCGlobal SMTP Setting
If such an issue appears in front of and you are thinking to configure your Gmail account, then, you should follow the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to configure a Gmail account which is not receiving emails
- The first thing you should do is going to the login page of Gmail and log in to your account.
- Then you should reach the Settings option by clicking on the Gear Icon placed on the right top corner.
- Further, you will see Settings option, click on it.
- After that, you will require to select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option.
- Moving further, you should select the “IMAP Access” and enable it by clicking the “Enable IMAP” option.
- Further, once you are done with the above steps, you are required to save all the changes that you have made on your Gmail account by clicking the Save Changes option.
As soon as you complete all the above, you would not be worrying about how do I reconfigure a Gmail email account that does not receive emails. Besides, if you are still facing the problem even you have performed the above steps, you should not think too much and contact the customer support team right away. The team will provide you with complete support within the least possible time.
Related Topic – Gmail Not Receiving Email How To Fix?