Check out the simple procedure to fix Yahoo not sending and receiving email
Yahoo Mail is a popular email service that is used by zillions of people around the globe to perform their routine email activities. Further, for the convenience of the users, the service providers have introduced four different email plans which one can opt as per their requirement.
Also, the service providers have even introduced multiple features within the app to make the email service user-friendly. Besides, providing its users with the finest service there are times when the user might face smtp.mail.yahoo.com not working issues. Fortunately, the user who is facing this issue can easily fix this issue in time by trying out the simple measure provided in this article.
Measures to fix Mail.Yahoo sending and receiving email issue
Unable to send emails via Yahoo
- To fix this issue instantly, it is recommended to the user to check for types in the email address to which they were sending an email.
- Also, the user can also check the sent mail in the Outbox folder as there are chances that the sent email might be in the queue.
- Further, the user can also verify whether the contact to whom they were sending was not added in the blocked contacts list.
Unable to receive emails
- It is suggested to the user to check internet connectivity as there are chances that the user might not be receiving the email of poor internet connection.
- Also, the user can check the email address in the blocked email list to fix this issue.
- Check the email filters to fix this issue quickly and verify if the issue is fixed or not.
Hence, these were the few measures that one can try out to easily fix Yahoo not sending and receiving email issues. Besides, the user can also try making changes to IMAP Server Settings for Yahoo Mail to fix this issue quickly.
Change IMAP.Mail.Yahoo Settings
IMAP settings for Yahoo mail
Incoming server settings (IMAP)
For the incoming server, it is required that the user set the server to imap.mail.yahoo.com with the port as 993 and SSL to Yes.
Outgoing Server Settings (SMTP)
For an outgoing server, the user needs to set the server to smtp.mail.yahoo.com with the port as 465 or 587 with SSL and authentication set as Yes.
Further, the user also makes required changes for POP Server Settings for Yahoo which are as follows:
POP server settings for Yahoo mail
Incoming server settings ( IMAP)
For the POP settings, the user is required to set the server to pop.mail.yahoo.com with the port to 99 and SSL to Yes.
Outgoing server settings (SMTP)
Further for the outgoing SMTP settings, the user is required to set the server as smtp.mail.yahoo.com with port 465 or 587 and SSL, TLS, and authentication to Yes.