Why my hp printer not working troubleshooting steps
Fix now issues HP Printer not Responding
The Following Steps can be the Cause of Trouble and Why is my HP Printer not Responding
If the printers when it won’t respond after following:
In the event that your printer fails to respond to a job, check that your hp printer cables are connected correctly and make sure that the printer is turned on.
- After power outage or surge
- Due to hard reset of printer
Then, all you need to go through following troubleshooting methods:
- You need to turn on the printer and wait till the time printer becomes idle and silent, then, continue.
- You need to disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
- However, If the printer is of the class of network or wireless connection, then, you can leave it connected.
- Now, you need to remove the ink cartridges.
- Since the printer is turned on, all you need to do is now disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and as well as from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Now, wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Once the wait duration is over, you can plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Important Note: to troubleshoot hp printer not working or responding
- You should connect the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Once connected, you should reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn the printer on, if the printer does not automatically turn on.
- During the warm period, the printer lights flash and the carriage moves, when this happens, do not touch the printer, wait for some time.
- When the warm-up period is over, the printer becomes silent and idle before you proceed.
- Insert the ink cartridges again.
- If a prompt asks you to print a calibration page, you can do so.
- If you have disconnected the USB cable, you can reconnect it to the rear of the printer.
- Now, take a print out.
The above troubleshooting methods are going to help you for HP printer not responding. In such case, customers are required to contact the support team of the hp and get the best help from the technical specialists so as to get the answer for various issues faced by them.
How to Troubleshoot ‘Printer Not Responding’ Error on Mac OS X
One commonly seen error message on Apple computers featuring Mac OS X, features a pop up announcing that the printer is not responding to printing queries. If you come across “the printer is not responding Mac” queries while using a multifunction printer, try the below steps to fix the error.
If the Printer Is Connected Over a Wi-Fi Network
- Turn off the printer, wait for half a minute, and then turn it back on.
- In case “the printer is not responding Mac” error persists despite restarting the compatible printer, apply the below setting on the OS:
- Click on the Apple drop-down menu, ND choose System Preferences.
- From the section titled Hardware, choose Print and Fax.
- Click on the Plus sign, and highlight the printer in the Bonjour
- After that, click on Add.
Note that if the printer is nowhere to be found in that list, you need to verify that it’s connected to the wireless network. For instructions on that, refer to the user guide that came with the model.
Tags:hp printer not responding,hp printer not responding windows 10,hp printer not responding to print command,hp printer not responding to mac,hp printer not responding to macbook,hp printer not responding to ipad