Shared Google Calendars on iphone
Normally, when you tap a shared Google calendar link on your iPhone , you’ll see a dialog box that asks: “This website is trying to show you a calendar invite. Do you want to allow this?”But when you allow it, it will ask you to add all of the events to your own calendar, whether that’s iCloud or a local calendar. That’s not the way you want to go, because it will clutter up your personal calendar.
- The next time you see a link to the .ICS file, don’t tap it. Instead, copy the link.
- Then, on your iPhone or iPad go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account > Other.
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar.
- In the Server section, paste that ICS link you copied.
- Next you can choose a Description, and enter a username and password if the calendar needs it.
- Finally, tap the Use SSL switch, and hit the Save button. You’re good to go.
Note that this is only for shared Google calendars. If it’s a shared iCloud calendar, you can go ahead and tap the ICS link. You won’t have to go through the trouble of copying/pasting.