What are the best methods for removing a password from Excel?
Are you looking for information about how you can remove a password from Excel? A person might need to remove the password from Excel for updating it. Unfortunately, a few times, a person might forget the password of a protected Excel file. In such a scenario, you cannot do anything else rather than removing the password to unprotect the Excel spreadsheet again. Therefore if you are willing to understand how to remove password from Excel, then you can gather the most accurate details from below.
Know the easy methods to remove a password from Excel?
At first, you need to ensure that you have already kept a backup copy for your Excel spreadsheet just in case anything goes wrong. Apart from that, if you are wondering about how to remove a password from a protected Excel worksheet, then you can learn a few of the best methods for it from details given below:
Steps to remove a password from Excel through Zip folder
- First of all, you need to rename your Excel spreadsheet extension
- Further you have to open the Zip file for Excel in any software for file compression
- After that, you have to navigate to the xl folder from file compression software
- Then access worksheets folder where all your Excel spreadsheets will appear in a list
- Now you have to open all your Excel spreadsheets one by one on a notepad
- Then remove the password protection from each Excel spreadsheet
- Next, you have to save all you xml files after modifying them
- Then add all modified xml files to the Zip folder by overwriting the existing files from there
- At last, rename your Excel spreadsheets and now they are free from password protection
Steps to remove a password from Excel through Info feature
- At first, look for the Excel file for which you want to remove password and open it
- Further you need to click on the file and then navigate to the Info option
- Next move to the protect workbook tab from the options under Info section
- After that, tap on encrypt with password and a dialogue box will appear showing password
- Now remove the password and then press OK button to save your Excel file
Steps to remove a password from Excel through recovery tool
- First of all, you have to launch the password recovery tool for Excel on your device
- Then you need to choose Recover Excel Open Password next
- Further you have to import the Excel file for which you need to remove password
- After that, choose any decryption method from available options and customize its settings
- Then press recover button and the software will initialize process for decrypting password
- Hereafter a dialogue box will appear on the screen showing your Excel password
- At last, you can choose the option to remove the password and save your Excel sheet
These are the right ways to remove an Excel Spreadsheet Password when you want to modify it or unprotect the file when you have lost an existing password. Moreover, any person who is dealing with the issues while removing Excel password confronts any problem during the process, they are free to contact its customer care center for additional assistance
Removing password from the Excel Spreadsheet
1. When the user remembers the password
Remembering the exact password for accessing the excel spreadsheet can be a tough task for some users. So, for the users who are looking for the solutions on How to remove an excel spreadsheet password, they can check out the detailed steps mentioned below.
A) Removing an open password
For the users who remember the open password and wish to remove it, here are the methods that they can try out.
By using the info feature
- Begin the process by opening the Excel file, and enter the open password for the particular spreadsheet.
- Now, click on the File tab select Info option.
- Then, click on the Protect Workbook option, and from the drop-down menu, pick Encrypt with password option.
- Further, in the dialog box, the user is required to delete the password and click on the OK button.
By using the Save feature
In case if the above method fails, then the user can try removing the excel open password by using the save feature and resolve the query on How to remove an excel spreadsheet password. Further, to help the users, here are the instructions that one can follow.
- Begin the process by opening the excel spreadsheet, which is password protected.
- Further, when the dialog box appears, enter the password for the excel file and click on OK.
- Click on the File option and select Save as an option and continue with the process.
- Now, select a folder where you wish to save the Excel file once the password is removed.
- Before saving the file, click on the Tools option, and from the drop-down menu, select General Options.
- Then, remove the password for the excel file appearing in the dialog box and save the file.
B) Removing the restriction password
- For this process, open the particular excel file and click on the review tab.
- Further, click on unprotect sheet option and enter the password for the file.
- Now, click on the OK button.
2. When the user has forgotten the excel file password
For the users who are looking for the solutions on How to Remove Password from Excel If You Forgot It, it is suggested that the user opts for the excel password remove software. These tools help the users to easily tackle such situations and help in managing the excel sheet with much ease.
- Begin the process by launching the excel password recovery tool and opt for the recover excel password option.
- Now, add the excel document and pick the decryption method.
- Further, click on the recover option, and the software will begin the process.
- Once the process is completed, the password will be displayed on the screen.
- After that, the user can follow the instructions to remove the open password to complete the process.
Alternatively, the procedure on How to Remove Password from Excel If You Forgot It in case of restriction password, the user needs to follow the provided steps:
- Launch the tool and select remove restriction password feature.
- Import the file and click on the Remove button to complete the process.