After logging in to your Gmail inbox, you see a number of options, features and functionalities using which you can change or edit stuff exactly in the way you want them. In this tutorial, we show you how you can configure your settings in Gmail. Under the Settings section, you’ll see multiple tabs each of which provides you with a set of things you can change or configure. And it doesn’t take more than a few minutes to complete any task.
How To Configure Your Settings In Gmail
Let’s see what you can configure or how to change gmail settings and how to do it –
- Under the Settings section, the first tab that’s open by default is the General tab. The very first thing you can change is the display language of Gmail. From the drop-down menu, you can choose and apply any specific language which you prefer while using Gmail. The ‘Show all language options’ link when clicked provides you with more language options.
- The next option on the General tab is Maximum page size. There are 50 conversations that you can see by default on each page in your Gmail inbox. If you want to change it to 100 conversations per page, you can easily select the number from the drop-down.
- The Keyboard shortcuts option allows you to configure settings for your keyboard. Depending on your specific requirements, you can either turn the keyboard shortcuts off or on. It’s important to remember in this regard that whether all the shortcuts will work well or not depends on the kind of keyboard you’re using.
- The Browser connection option is available to enhance the security of your Gmail account. If you want to connect to Gmail with enhanced security, you should turn on this option – Always use https.
- One of the most important tasks that you can accomplish under the General tab is adding a signature. If you want a signature to be automatically added to every email message that you send, you can simply turn on the text box option and type your signature in the text box.
- The Vacation responder is the option to use when you want to send automated replies to incoming messages. The Vacation responder is off by default. You can select the option ‘Vacation responder on’ and then enter a subject and message for the automated reply.
- Finally, you should click the Save Changes button so that all the changes that you made are functional.
- Now, let’s go to the Accounts and Import tab. To learn more about the configurations under this, you should go through this dedicated tutorial – How to Import Mail and Contacts.
- The Labels tab and the Filters tab are for managing labels and creating email filters respectively.
- Let’s check out and understand how you can use the Web Clips tab. This is the feature through which you’re delivered Google sponsored links, Gmail tips and custom content at the top of Gmail pages. The delivery of these links and content is on by default. But you can click the checkbox to stop web clips from showing on your Gmail pages.
- Last but not the least, let’s move on to the Labs tab. It’s the setting ground for experimental features. The feature you see here may not be fully ready to function appropriately. Even when they’re, there’s no guarantee when they’ll break or disappear. Therefore, it’s advisable that you don’t mess much with the features you see under this tab.
Note: So that if you are looking how to change gmail settings or how to change gmail settings to default classic view you can check above steps as well.