Get Details About Erasing your iPad Device Remotely
It is a very annoying situation when you lose your iPad as it becomes very inconvenient. The situation is worse if it is stolen and accessed by someone else. But when your iPad is gone, you can be patient for one thing that no one else uses your personal data in it. You have access to delete your data from the iPad remotely.
Erase iPad data using Mac or Windows
Before deleting the data remotely from your iPad, you must try to use the option of Find My iPad. To find this option, you need to go the Settings and then tap your name on it. After that, go to iCloud and then tap Find my iPad and finally activate it. If you want to know how to erase your iPad using a Mac or Windows, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, you need to visit the iCloud web page in the browser.
- Sign-in using your Apple credentials- ID and password.
- If you are using the computer for the first time, you will get the notifications for the approval.
- Then, click the Find iPhone option.
- When prompted, you need to re-enter your password in the given field.
- There will be a map displaying all the iOS and Mac OS devices. Then, click the option of All devices and select your iPad in the list.
- You will get a window in the upper-right of the web browser. It will have three buttons- Play Sound, Lost mode, Erase iPad.
- With Play Sound, you will get an alert sound which will tell that you are in the general location but the exact situation is not known.
- In lost mode, the device will be locked down without erasing the data. If you want, you can also display a message on the screen by providing your phone number. Using this info, anyone who finds your iPad might contact you easily.
- If you want to reset your device to the original state with all the data erased, you need to click the option of Erase iPad.
- Once you confirm the action, the data and settings of the iPad will be reset whenever it gets connected to the internet.
How To Erase iPad using an iPhone
In case, you have no clue about how to erase your iPad using an iPhone, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Before starting, you need to ensure that the iPad you have lost and the iPhone you are using must be signed-in using the same Apple ID.
- In the first step, open the app of Find iPhone and enter the password.
- Then, choose your iPad on the list.
- On the bottom of the screen, tap Actions and then proceed to tap Erase iPad.
- Finally, confirm your action and the iPad will be reset to its default settings.
If you still have any query, you can contact Apple support. The technical executives will assist you with all kinds of issues related to Apple services. To contact them, you can use the info available on Apple website.