Procedure to fix the issue of Gmail notifications not working on Android
The solution offered to fix the issue of Gmail Notifications not working on Android:
The users may apply the set of instructions listed below so as to fix the issue of Gmail notifications not working on Android. The appropriate ways are explained here:
Checking The App Settings:
The users may check the app settings so as to fix the issue of Gmail notifications not working on Android. The ways to do the same are right here:
- To check the App Settings, the user needs to open the Gmail app on Android and then click on the menu icon.
- Then, the user needs to scroll down to the Settings section.
- In the settings section, the user will find all the email IDs that are used in the Gmail app.
- The user then needs to select the one for which the user is not receiving push notifications.
- Thereafter, the passenger needs to select the Inbox notifications and then click on the Notify option.
- Now, the user will get a ping on every mail that the user gets.
The above steps will assist the users in fixing the issue of Gmail notifications not working Android without facing any hindrances.
Batter Optimization Settings:
The users may fix the issue by doing Battery Optimization Settings. When the phone senses that the battery is dying, then the phone of the users starts getting optimized.
- The user needs to begin cutting back down on the notifications which include the Gmail app.
- The user is required to tell the phone to exclude the Gmail app when this happens.
- Then, the user needs to open the settings section and then click on the Battery & performance section.
- The user needs to select and choose the apps there.
- Thereafter, the user needs to search for Gmail and then select the No restrictions option so as to make sure that the user continues to receive the notifications even when the battery of the Phone is low.
Data Optimization Settings
If still, the user is not able to fix the issue of Gmail notifications not working on Android, then the user needs to make Data optimization settings so as to fix the issue. The users might have enabled the Gmail notifications but the Gmail app might need some data. The users may not be allowed to download emails and attachments. Data optimization helps to make the most of the data plan.
- The user needs to go to the settings section and then select the Data usage there.
- Then, the user needs to find the Gmail app and then make sure that Mobile, Wi-Fi, and Background data, all three are checked.
- The user needs to check that the Gmail app is syncing data on a data plan or WiFi and is also working in the background when the user is not actively using the app.
The users will be able to know how to fix Gmail Notifications not showing on Android Phone in an instant manner. The users may add a number of accounts to their Smartphone. These accounts may include some social networking accounts like that of Google, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and so on. Each of these accounts has sub accounts. The users may toggle sync for each of these services.
Cache & Release:
Cache memory is used by all everyone so as to maintain the sanity of the apps. But this can create an issue. The users need to make sure that the Android Smartphone is not using Cache memory for showing the emails that are already received and not displaying the new content.