Check Now How to Fix AOL Desktop Not Responding Error Problem
AOL Desktop Gold is a software which allows swift access of email, browser, music and much more. As compared to the earlier version, this new software has a fresh look, more features, and improved performance. But many users have experienced a glitch of AOL Desktop not responding error. If you are also among them, then you should read this blog until the end. The solution of this error is elaborated with simple steps so that the users can perform them. But you must check that you have to Download AOL Desktop Gold according to the system requirements.
This software is a centralized tool for accessing all AOL services including emails, chats, search and many more at one place. The error of the program that is not responding can be due to outdated software, compatibility issues and also due to slow or no internet connection. If you AOL Desktop Gold Not working then Try the given steps first.
AOL Gold Icon not responding: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
AOL Desktop Gold software is designed for computer or PC. Once you install the software on system, double-click on its icon to launch AOL Gold. In case, Desktop Gold doesn’t respond, open or work, it means the software is vulnerable to one of the following mentioned causes.
1. Restart System: The Quick Solution
In case, your AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding, go for a system restart!
- For this, you have to save and close down all the running files and programs on your system.
- Then, click ‘restart’ button from the start menu, or press ALT+F4 key altogether and select ‘Restart’ option.
- With this quick action of a system restart, the internal memory called RAM gets cleared that also provides room for the Desktop Gold download and then, run from its shortcut icon.
In case, the AOL not responding today (that is, the problem has arisen all of a sudden, then go for the next troubleshooting steps).
2. Check Network Connection
If you are using a weak or unstable Internet connection for the AOL, the trouble- AOL Gold icon not responding won’t go away.
So, if you want a stable and good working AOL Gold icon, check and inspect for the good network connection. In case, you suspect any AOL gold problems, troubleshoot the modem or other machines connecting the Internet source.
For reference, follow the steps given below:
- Open Control Panel and click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option.
- On the next window, select ‘Troubleshoot Problems’ under ‘Change your Network Settings’ category.
- Now, click on ‘Internet Connections’ to troubleshoot the connectivity.
- Likewise, on the same window, click on ‘Network Adapter’ to troubleshoot Ethernet, wireless, or other network adapters. If there would be an issue with the modem or Internet connectivity, it will get displayed after the troubleshooting completes.
- Fix them using system’s instructions, and later, you can restart your desktop and gain access to the Desktop Gold software.
However, if there isn’t any network issue, move ahead with following defined solutions to solve ‘AOL Desktop gold icon has stopped working’ problem.
You Must Scan and Remove Malicious Software
Sometimes, the malware like worms or Trojan horses, are strong enough to cause AOL Gold icon not responding issue.
So, to check and get rid of AOL not working problem, create a new user account on the device. For this:
- Click on the Start Button and open Control Panel from the search list.
- Next, choose ‘Manage another Account’ option followed by ‘User Accounts’ in the window.
- Then, click on new user account and create a new icon to verify, if it’s working or not.
- If the solution works, delete the previous corrupted account and start using the new one.
Update the AOL Software
- When AOL Desktop icon stops responding, it implies you have outdated AOL software. Usually, the software updates automatically, however, you can still do it manually (if AOL is not updated).
- Other than this, if you’re still stuck with the previous version, it’s time to update the software and start with the all-new AOL Desktop Gold software.
AOL Gold Icon not responding/working: Advanced Troubleshooting
Still AOL Desktop Gold unable to launch through its icon?,Not to worry! Just follow these advanced instructions and get yourself out of this AOL Gold icon not responding problem.
Check for Desktop Gold’s Source Files
Dealing with AOL Desktop Gold Icon not responding/woorking issue requires little technical knowledge.
Now, to diagnose and fix the problem, you should:
- Locate the AOL Gold icon in system tray or Desktop screen, and right-click on the icon.
- If you can’t see AOL desktop gold icon right there is the system you must read guide” Aol Desktop Gold icon missing “
- Next, select Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Then in the opened dialogue box, check for the targeted file and copy the URL.
- Next, paste this link in the Internet Explorer and verify the availability of the software files. In case, there aren’t any files, delete the icon on the desktop.
- Now, open C: // drive and navigate to AOL Desktop Gold folder.
- Search for the Desktop Gold icon and examine the working of this symbol.
- In case it’s functioning, right-click on the AOL Gold icon and creates a new one on the desktop.
In case, the AOL Desktop gold icon has stopped working, then you need to download Desktop Gold software and re-install it.
Disable Anti-Virus and Firewall
The system’s security programs like anti-virus and firewall sometimes, deny Internet access to software like Desktop Gold.
Therefore, if you wish to avoid error messages like “ERROR 118 Connection timed out,” then disable all security programs temporarily. Once the AOL software responds from the Desktop Gold shortcut icon, you can re-enable both- anti-virus and firewall.
Now, to disable a firewall program, if you need assistance, follow the steps, given below:
- Double click on installed anti-virus icon (displayed in system tray).
- As soon you click, the security centre window of your installed anti-virus will open. Here, click on ‘Web and Email Protection’ option and next, tap on ‘Firewall: On link.’
- You can see ‘Turn Off’ and ‘Restore Default’s button in the window. Click on Turn off button to disable the firewall.
- Another window will open, prompting for when you want the firewall program to resume. Choose the appropriate time from the drop-down menu and click ‘Turn off’ and ‘done’ button to confirm the process.
- Then, try re-launching the Desktop Gold software from its icon.
Restore Windows Settings
Users can resolve ‘AOL Gold Icon not working after Installing AOL Gold’ issue through the system restoration method.
For people facing difficulties during system restoration process, here are some simple steps to follow:
For Window XP
- Click on Start Menu at the bottom left corner of the window.
- Next, click on ‘Help and Support’ button. Simultaneously, make sure your system stays connected to the Internet.
- Then, click on ‘Pick a Task’ option and select “Undo changes to their computer with System Restore.”
- Click on Next button and type the date with Bold text.
- Finally, click on the ‘Next’ button to complete the process of system restoration.
For Window Vista or Window 7
When it comes to system restore process on Windows 7 or Vista, the operation will vary a little.
- To begin, click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop window.
- Then, in search engine, type System Restore. As soon you enter the words in search cell, you can locate the system restore option at the top of the list; click on it.
- Next, a system restore window will open after 5 seconds. Here, click on Next
- In the later window, re-confirm by selecting “Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event” option. There, click on Next button and finally, on Finish button to complete the process.
With this, your AOL Gold icon not responding issue will get resolved.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Software
In the end, if nothing works, uninstall the Desktop Gold software and start from scratch! In other words, download AOL Desktop Gold and install it, again.
Why is my AOL Gold Icon Not Responding After Installing AOL Gold?
AOL Desktop Gold software runs on Windows and Mac operating system. So, once it gets installed on your device, you can see an icon on the desktop. Next, to launch this software, you must double-click the icon.
In case, AOL Desktop gold icon not working, it means the software is vulnerable to one of the following causes.
Poor Network Conditions
When there’s an issue with your modem or network connection, you’ll most probably experience AOL Gold icon stopped working problem. Simply put, this is how; your AOL Gold shortcut icon becomes non-responsive to mouse clicks.
Now, to confirm these reasons, you must troubleshoot your device network. If there’s a poor Internet connection or any other similar error related to the network, your electronic machine will display the message, on completion of AOL diagnose.
Bad Connection to Source Files
Sometimes, the AOL Gold icon not responding issue may also trouble you, if the software is not connected to its source file in the drive.
Now, what are these source files? So, you are also wondering the same!
Well, these are directory files. In detail, Desktop Gold installation creates certain files directing path to AOL login page, termed as source files.
During successful clicks on AOL Gold icon, generally, the search for these files begin that opens the program. However, if the Desktop Gold loses or has no connection with these source files, you can’t launch AOL desktop gold icon.
Incompatible System and Software
If AOL Gold icon not responding on Windows, you must check the system requirements for the software. In case, the specifications don’t match up with the software needs, you will end up having a worthless icon.
Virus or Malicious Program
Malware in the form of Trojan, viruses, or worms can infect any computer application and cause AOL Gold icon stopped working problem.
These intruders are actually, known for stealing, modifying, or deleting files of any computer program. Likewise, they are strong enough to destroy AOL Gold. So, if you’re troubled with AOL Desktop gold icon not working issue, do keep an eye on these intruders. In fact, it’s wise enough to deal with this malicious software prior to the practicing of any other method.
The outdated system software is also responsible for AOL Gold icon not responding issue. Therefore, in case you’re using an older version of AOL Desktop or have not upgraded the other associated software in Windows, it may trouble you.
Bad Windows Update
Undoubtedly, a system must have Windows 7 or higher to run AOL Desktop Gold. This means, if you haven’t upgraded your operating system, or have upgraded using corrupted files, the Desktop Gold software will stop functioning all of a sudden.
So, do scan the USB or any other physical device, before you’re using it for installation purposes.
Nuisance Caused By Other Software
Your system’s internal memory (RAM) must have a huge space to run any new program. However, if there are already lots of programs running on your system, there’s a high probability of overflowed RAM. As a result, there will be no more space in the system’s memory for the installation or running of another program.
So, on clicking the Desktop Gold icon, if an egg timer comes for a second then, goes off without loading the sign-In page, it implies your AOL Desktop Gold icon is not working.
To fix this AOL Gold icon not responding problem, simply restart the system.
Hope this guide, help you comprehend and troubleshoot AOL desktop is not working problem!